Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas: Give til it Hurts

Glad tidings to all...
It is extremely difficult to shop for a ninety year old. For Granny's birthday, I got her a set of paints I thought she might like. My thought process being: she can take up a new hobby, oh what an amazing granddaughter I am for being so considerate. That was six months ago, and the paints have never been opened.
My grandmother doesn't do much, so I thought a Christmas gift for her would be impossible. She sits in her chair all day, next to a pile of unopened hobbies we all mistakenly thought would benefit her. Here is what my grandmother does in lieu of these hobbies:
-schedules doctor's appointments
-tells us to do things for her
-schedules doctor's appointments
-repeat
Suddenly, the perfect gift hit me: a lapdesk. This will make all of the things she does just that much easier! So basically, I am making writing easier for my grandma. Now, she will basically put forth absolutely no effort into anything! AND it goes perfctly with the Wizard of Oz calander Joanna got her. So she can make annoying, pointless appointments with doctors she doesn't need to see, and that we have to bring her to-we just made all that easier. FUCK.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!
-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment