Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Tooth Hurts

Okay, so I realize that I am talking about taking Grandma to the dentist a lot, but that's because it seems to be all that we are doing lately. A few months ago, with Grandma's top dentures, we were in the same situation, and I swore I would never do that to myself again. Going to the dentist every week for a month has not been fun. Grandma's denist, "Dr." L. the L stands for LOSER!!!! is a close second to Mengele when it comes to sadistic medicine men. I though last week would be the last appointment for a while, but no! Before Grandma left, he told her "Even though the dentures feel better now, I wouldn't be surprised if you have to make another appointment." Son of a bitch! Grandma hears that and of course she is going to make another appointment, it's in her head that she should, and she is not going to miss out on a doctor's appointment. Even though she told me her dentures felt 1000 times better. If something feels 1000 times better, why would you need it adjusted? Well, Grandma called me today to ask me when I would be free to take her to the dentist next week to adjust her dentures, because they were (surprise, surprise) bothering her. What kind of asshole professional would anticipate problems with his work? Listen, I understand that there might need to be some tweaks made when dealing with dentures, I shouldn't understand this, but unfortunately, I do. It just seems like going back every week for a month is a little outrageous, and if we do have to go back that many times, at least have it be somewhere more convenient. Grandma tried going to our dentist a couple times, who is right up the street, but insisted she didn't feel as comfortable with her as she did with Dr. L. I asked her why? Because she went to our dentist for the same issue with her dentures, but got all upset when they had to be adjusted, and she only went twice. There are just so many things that get me upset about this. First of all, Grandma seems to think that any day I do not have school is fair game to take her to the dentist or any other appointment for that matter. I have an internship I like to be able to go to, plus I am looking for a part time job to help out with our finances. Grandma does give me and Kathy 20 dollars each time we take her somewhere, which is generous and she doesn't have to do that, but then sometimes I feel like, if I were a caretaker, or chauffeur I would be making way more. I know that sounds selfish, but it's just really draining, and I just don't think Grandma appreciates how inconvenient and stressful bringing her to the dentist is. She says, "Oh, you think I like going there?" when we complain about it, but if that's how she feels, why isn't she more proactive to change? They have some weird bond, where neither one of them wants to let the other one go. He probably wears her teeth he pulled on a necklace. I am just so aggravated with this situation, and I pray to God this is the last time we have to go to Dr. L for a very long time.

JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment